Chicago -Day Off


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Get awakened on the bus at 4:30am at the US border. Don't have to get off the bus, but as usual the border patrol is rude, nice to be home... Can't get back to sleep, spend a few hours reading then sleep a few before we hit Chicago.

Awake at a truckstop, where we are only 40 miles out. This 40 miles will eventually take us almost 2 hours in traffic. Ugh. Check in to the Hard Rock Hotel, never stayed here before, looks like a W inside, but the rooms are bigger. Turns out to be a beautiful day, have lunch at Baja Fresh, then walk to the Navy Pier and back to the hotel, should have brought my camera.

Take a nap and miss most of the day. Oops. Grab my camera and get some shots at sunset. Call my friend Scotty and he decides to come to the city and take me to dinner. Cool!!

Scotty arrives and we hit a Latin place called the Mambo Grill. Delicious food. And good conversation with Scotty and Teddy (from Make'n Music). Scotty drives me back, and we catch some of the sites on the way...


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed