Cinco de Mayo, Columbus, OH - Show Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Beautiful day in Columbus. I take my bike out for a ride around the OSU campus, find a bike trail and ride for an hour or more. Get back in time for load in.

My good friend Joe from the band Watershed, his wife and their nephew come down for soundcheck. We hang out a bit and Joe has to leave for his own gig, wish I could go see his band tonight :) I walk his wife and nephew into the gig, find out they have nosebleed seats and I get my tour manager to upgrade them to the floor. Thanks Doug.

Jered from DK bikes also comes down with his wife and 7 year old daughter. He brings me some cool shirts, thanks Jered. We take a quick backstage tour and get some pics of his daughter behind the drumkit, as she's an aspiring drummer.

Great show, crowd is killer. Maybe the best drummer pulled from the crowd tonight too.

Aftershow we have a BBQ out by the buses. Burgers, Chicken and Carne Asada on tortillas. Delicious, and I end up staying till the end (about 2:30am) which is rare for me as I usually go to bed early and read. Lots of laughs with my guitar player and the singer. Miss seeing Joe Perry on Conan, as my bus doesn't get NBC on the satellite. Oh well, I'm sure Tivo got it at home...


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed