Imola, Italy Heineken Jammin Festival


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another big festival today with our friends R.E.M. and Garbage. Today's show is in Imola at the Autodromo Enzo Dino E Ferrari, this is where they race Formula 1 and World Superbike. Old track, but very cool.

Load-in and set-up quickly and then Hans and I are off to find catering. No one seems to know where it is, we wander around in punterland and end up near the dressing rooms . Smelling food we find a room that looks like catering and they take our meal tickets and we dig in. Pretty good, fresh italian sausage and pasta. On our way back we hear others on the radio searching for catering and we're informed we ate in the Artist's Catering. Oh well, they took the ticket and I'm sure it was better than the crew food.

See my buddy Justin another Metallica alum who is English, but happens to live about 30min from me in NC. He's doing drums for Garbage and I catch about half they're show. They sound great, but a little boring live. We take the stage next and it is apparent who the kids came to see, US!!! Crowd is insane and the guys pull off a great show, even without pyro, which was forbidden today. Load-out and get on the bus for our long drive to the next festival in Austria.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed