Travel Day Sydney to Auckland


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Up at 4:30AM for a 5:30am lobby call. Off to the airport, check bags, go through customs, have a few minutes to shop before boarding. Flight is good, plenty of room, sleep mostly.

Arrive Auckland around 1pm. Go to check in to hotel, they are oversold and rooms aren't ready. GREAT! Much haggling between our production manager and hotel staff. Rooms come available pretty quickly. Up to the room, drop the bags and go for a walk around Auckland.


Sky Tower, Auckland, NZ

We're staying right downtown, near a college, so lots of shops and restaurants. Also a small Chinatown strip of mom and pop convenience stores, restaurants and internet cafes. Find a cool surplus electronics place and walk around looking at crazy transformers and small parts for awhile. See a music store, but decide to save it for later. Stop at at an internet cafe and check email. $1 NZ for half an hour. CHEAP!

Find a Vodaphone dealer and buy a prepaid sim card for my phone, so it will work over here. I can even get data (email). Score!! Loiter in the Border's and Starbucks. Go back to the room to get my phone working...

Go out for dinner with our other guitar tech Bobby. Hit Mai Thai for some amazing Thai food. Hurray!! Afterwards Bobby gets me to try a Green Tea Frappacino from Starbucks. BIG MISTAKE. These things are like crack. I'm hooked. But I think you can only get them here and in Japan. Back to the room, I'm stuffed, watch a DVD on my computer and fall asleep.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed