Las Vegas to Charlotte -Travel Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Lobby call at 9am, off to the airport. Get through security faster than normal for Vegas (which is always busy). Off to the gate to wait with everyone else.

Check the Macworld keynote speech from my Treo (phone) to see what new products Apple has in store this year. Seems Apple sold 14 million iPods in the last quarter (Holiday season) of 2005. Wow!! First up for new products, an FM tuner (and remote) for the iPod. Next up, new version of OS X 10.4.4 is downloadable today, good. Next, a new iLife '06 with updates to iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie HD, Garageband, and a new app iWeb. Very cool. Also announces a new version of iWork, yawn, I don't use it... I guess that's it. I put my phone and continue conversing with various crew members.

Soon our IT guy rushes over with the news that Apple announced a new laptop with an Intel chip (Apple is switching from the PowerPC chip to Intel). He has a photo on his Powerbook courtesy of the free WiFi (I didn't even check, as it's never free). I fire up my Powerbook and bask in the new MacBook Pro goodness. The MacBook Pro runs about 4x faster than my current Powerbook, gotta get one... Also announced is a new iMac running the same Intel chip. Wow, I'm blown away by the announcements. This is a red letter day in Macdom.

Flight is delayed over 30min, we finally board and I sleep most of the way, read a little, watch 'Just Like Heaven' on the screen. Arrive in Charlotte after 7pm. Take a kamikaze van ride to the hotel (this driver is trying to kill us). Then it's off to get some decent food and hit the hay.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed