Osaka/Hiroshima


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Down to Mickey D's for breakfast again. I'm starting to really like hotcakes ;) Walk over to a see if I can find a guitar store that I want to check out on the return trip. Find it and make a mental note of the location. At 10am we depart the hotel for Hiroshima. Today we take the Bullet Train, which averages about 150mph, doesn't seem that fast, but it gets you there in a hurry. On the way we are informed that the show in Hiroshima has been cancelled, due to the singer's fall on the previous night's gig. Great, more days off, more $$ to spend.

Arrive in Hiroshima, it is boiling hot, of course. My bag is already in my room. Now that is service. Head out to shopping district in search of food. Walk around for an hour shopping and still looking for food. It is around 2pm, so some places are already closed for lunch. End up in a conveyor belt sushi place again. This one is a little more low rent and I soon realize, especially by the waitresses uniforms, that we are in the "Waffle House" of sushi restaurants. Food isn't bad, but since it's so late, no new sushi is being added. We just watch the same stuff go around and around. Finally we decide to leave and my bill is under $4. Cool.

Shop some more for gifts, mostly just scope out stores for tomorrow. Find a cool guitar store and spend 45min. looking at guitars, too expensive to buy anything here. Back to the room and a break from the heat. Fall asleep for an hour or so, it's dark when I get up. Not too hungry, so head out to the Lawson's for another Cup O' Noodle dinner (280yen). This one is very spicy, but good. Watch some Japanese baseball on TV. Then due to my nap, I read till about 12am before falling asleep.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed