Albuquerque -Show Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wake up around 8am, but I think the boys have been trying to wake Unky Greg up since 6am. It is now time to go ride bikes, I wish I hadn't left mine on the bus. walk across the street to the park and watch the boys jump dirt ramps with minimal crashing. Andrew finds a golf ball, so we hit that around too. back to the house for more video games and then off to the gig.

Tough to find the venue as it's nestled in some hills and there are no signs for the exit off the interstate. We drive around for a while, then I look it up on my Treo and we finally get there. Show the boys around backstage, they are bored until the see the drums, then they just want to play the drums. I get some good pictures of them playing and Andrew making his 'Metal' face. After lunch they head home, my sister will be coming to the show later with her friends.

Much activity today as we have an extra long soundcheck. I grab a quick bite to eat (missed lunch), and then go meet Alison and her friends. Give them all the backstage tour, then they're off to their seats for the show.

By showtime the rain comes in. At this venue the stage is covered, but the crowd is not. It really starts pouring by the third song. I cover up my rig as it's getting wet. I even run out and move Jason back a few feet, so he doesn't have to sing in the rain (no pun intended). Rains off and on for most of the set. But the stage stays moderately dry. It's gone by load out and I say good bye to my sister and they head out.
I'm beat from the day and go to bed early and miss the bus BBQ. I heard it was great though. Finish my book before falling asleep with the light on.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed