Merriweather Post Pavilion - Show Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wow, I didn't even know this place was still around. One of the oldest outdoor 'shed' venues, it was the predecessor to all the current amphitheaters we know and love (hate). Down to the gig and it is a lot smaller than we're used to the ceiling trim for the lighting trusses is only around 30'. Also super hot today and no breeze. Ugh!

It is package day though, as I get all the stuff I was supposed to get in Ft. Lauderdale (rerouted because of Katrina). Jason gets a new '61 Gibson Les Paul/SG from the Custom Shop. One of the best I've ever played. I also get a few more pieces for my 'B' rig.

Cell reception sucks here as well, as we're down in a valley. After dinner I bike up to the top of the venue to call my wife and end up running into my guests. I walk them backstage for a quick tour then off to will call to pick up their tickets. The line getting in is huge, but we work our way in just as Jimmy Eat World starts their set. I'm off to roast during our show...


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed