Miami - VMA Rehearsal Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Down to the lobby at 7am, wait on the bus to pick us up, then off to the American Airlines Arena. Get our credentials (sticky passes) and find our truck at the dock and load in the gear. Everyone else seems to have loaded in already, Shakira, Cold Play, Kelly Clarkson, etc. Gear is everywhere backstage. Push onto the stage around 10:30, do linecheck and then rehearsal with the band till 1pm.

Back to the hotel around 2pm, we are staying on Ocean Drive in South Beach at one of the Art Deco hotels, beautiful, but historic (read old). The floor in my room is still damp from the hurricane, as rain came right in the windows. Take a much needed nap, then up around 5:30pm. Get my bike and go for a ride down the boardwalk, everywhere there are people posing. Big fancy cars, loud music, and people talking about themselves. I want to punch everyone I see, and I thought LA was bad. Ride a few blocks over to get away from the refuse and find a small Japanese place run by Latinos and get a Terriyaki Bowl. Not too bad and cheap for South Beach. Back to the room pronto to avoid murdering anyone.

Watch a couple of movies on my powerbook and read till late.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed