Seattle -Day Off


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Get into Seattle at 4am, must get off the bus. Into the hotel and up till 6:30am. Well at least they gave me a goldfish in my room, his name is Gordo.

Miss another V-Day at home. Make sure to send the wife a nice bouquet of flowers though. Meet up with Jim and Burt(Brad) for lunch, Jim and I have Pho (Vietnamese), Burt opts for Quizno's over a burger and is disappointed. The Pho is excellent.

After lunch we decide to walk the 15 or so blocks to the Space Needle (never been up in it). We get there in about 20 minutes. Decide to hit the EMP (Experience Music Project), this is a museum dedicated to Seattle music(and musicians) and has the largest collection if Jimi Hendrix memorabilia in the world (hence the name). I wasn't allowed to take any photos inside the EMP, but it was worth the trip, lots of vintage guitars and killer Hendrix stuff, there was also a great Bob Dylan exhibit.

Next up is the Space Needle, none of us has ever been up to the top (probably because it is $13 to do so). We go anyway, I take a number of photos outside on the observation deck, till my hands are frozen, then back inside for a Chai from the Starbucks.

We stay inside the 'Needle till sunset, again taking some more photos. Unfortunately a large cloud obscures the sunset, so we leave just after twilight. Walking back towards the hotel, spot a couple of choice neon signs and snap a few more photos.

At the hotel we drop bags and my camera and head out for Indian food. We walk a few blocks back to Pabla and I have a very fiery Shrimp Vindaloo. Burt can't believe how hot it is. Very tasty. Back to the hotel, were I fall asleep reading. A very good roadie day off...


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed