Travel Day, Brisbane to Sydney


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Up early and go on walkabout. Check out the Queen Street Mall, lots of shops and even a Target. Get Starbucks and buy some magazines at Borders (my suitcase now weighs 50lbs from all the mags). Back to the hotel for 11:30 lobby call. Arrive at the airport, we get group check-in today. Grab a smoothie and board the plane. Fall asleep before takeoff and awake as we are decending into Sydney. Cool. Collect bags and off to the hotel.

As soon as we arrive (around 4:30pm), Big Kev and I head out to our favorite store, Route 66. This place has killer hot rod and greaser clothing, stickers, patches, etc. with a real 50's and 60's vibe. I buy a killer embroidered garage jacket. Spot a couple of cool restaurants (Thai and Indian) nearby...

Back to room for email check and relaxing. Go to dinner by myself, get directions for Thai from the concierge. Walk 15min and find I'm on the same street as Route 66, checkout the Thai joint, but the Indian place looks better. Order Prawn Vindaloo (HOT) and it comes out in about 5 min, wow that was fast!! Food is killer, but I seem to have trouble getting them to fill my water glass, did I mention that this Vindaloo is HOT!!

Back to the room for some reading, still haven't turned on the TV here. Fall asleep with the light on again.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed