Losing Things...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Not only have I lost my digital camera on this trip, but my driver's license and now my SIM card for my phone. I've been using a prepaid Vodaphone SIM here, since it's cheaper than Cingular. But now I can't find my Cingular SIM. I almost never lose anything, I may be messy, but I know where my stuff is. This is really starting to drive me crazy. I don't like to lose stuff...

Walk around this morning, motorcycles don't have to be back till 7pm, but my butt is flat from the last two days and I don't feel like fighting traffic. Spend the afternoon uploading pics and writing the 10 days down for the blog.

Leave at 6pm to return the bikes, we have to ride 40min out of town. It's the getting out of town that's hard. Basically you have to split lanes on the bike, which means you ride on the line between lanes and between cars. Kinda scary, but you'll get no where without doing it, and with all the scooters wizzing past, you'd better join them or get run over. I get blocked by three vans at an intersection and lose the other guys by 10 min or so. Never catch them. The C-32 highway is at a stand still, so I hop on the N-11 seaside road and get near Moto Espana and call Mike to talk me in. Seems I passed the turn, even though I was pretty sure where it was, no problem, I arrive 15-20 min after the other guys. Mike gives us a ride back to the hotel and we thank him and invite him to the show here on Monday.

Out to dinner with my riding buddies. Great little Italian place. Tomorrow is a big holiday here in Catalunya for Sant Joan, everything will be closed, so they start the party tonight. Everywhere people are shooting off fireworks in the street. Kids and adults just walk down the street throwing firecrackers or bottlerockets. At 11pm there is a big fireworks display at the beach, this lasts until after 1am when I go to sleep. Crazy...


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed