Barcelona to Montreux, Switzerland


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Up at 6am, 7:15 lobby call. Get to the airport and do group check-in. Then walk through the massive amount of shops to get to the gate. Board the bus to take us to the plane, and the driver hits another bus pulling out, but keeps going. We drive forever to get to the plane, we park and sit for 10 minutes, then the driver gets in and starts heading back to the gate, they tell us the plane has 'mechanical difficulties'. We go back into the terminal, then 10 minutes later we board again. Back to the plane, this time we board and are airborne about an hour late.

Arrive in Geneva, Switzerland, collect bags and board our tour busses for a 60 mile drive to Montreux, home of the Montreux Jazz Festival (happening next week). We drive through beautiful wine country (we are on the French side of Switzerland) bordering Lake Geneva on one side and the alps on the other.

Arrive in Montreux, check-in, my room overlooks the lake. Sweet! Drop bags and go walking around town for a few hours. Spot a Thai place, but missed lunch, so I'll return for dinner.

Later, a big thunderstorm rolls in over the lake and I watch it for a while from my covered balcony. Then it's off for Thai, I get the Pad Thai, as the menu is in French and that's my safest bet. It's great, but expensive, over $30 for a single plate and bottled water. As I leave it's pouring rain and I get soaked on the way back, oh well. Off to bed to read and sleep, as we have a 6am lobby call tomorrow for the 95 mile drive to Interlakken for the festival.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed