New York City -Mtv TRL


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Lobby call at 9:30 to take a van to Mtv. It takes 30 min to go 5 blocks down Broadway. We should have walked...

Load in to the TRL studios overlooking Times Square. We were supposed to play outside, but due to the rain yesterday we were moved inside. Good thing too, as it's cold and windy today. Cram all our stuff onstage and grab lunch from the hot bar at a nearby deli. Wait around for the band, camera block, soundcheck and then go live at 5pm. We play 3 songs instead of the planned 1 song. Load out and back to the hotel with Sparky (our lighting director) to get picked up by my friend Ossie to drive to Jersey to see Aerosmith play the Meadowlands!!

You see, while I was looking at the local paper this morning I noticed that Aerosmith was playing tonight. I was going to dinner with my friend Ossie from Blockhead Amps anyway, so we changed the dinner into a rock show. Sparky (who worked for Aero in the late 80's) and a friend Rogers tagged along.

It takes us almost 2 hours to get out of Manhattan due to the traffic, and we get lost in Jersey so Sparky calls NiteBob, the infamous NY soundman and he gives us the correct directions. We finally get there, pick up our passes and go inside.

We arrive just at set change (missing Lenny Kravitz unfortunately). I say hello to my Aero crew buddies, who are surprised to see me. Also see a few friends from NY and NJ and even Denzel Washington. Watch the show from stage right and a few songs from out front. The show looks great, a big production, and sounds great.

Afterwards, hang with the backline guys and then say my goodbyes and back to NYC.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed