Sad Day - RIP Chris Whitley (1960-2005)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sad day for me today. My former boss Chris Whitley has passed this weekend from lung cancer. Read a thoughtful obit here.

I was lucky enough to work for Chris on 1997's "Terra Incognita" tour. It was a challenge early in my career, as Chris had multiple tunings (15 in all) on Dobros, Archtops, and vintage Les Paul Jr's. Chris was a unique talent, channeling his raw Blues through fuzzes and blasting amplifiers, while singing in his haunting falsetto.

I will miss running into him on the road or in NYC, as often happened in my travels. I last saw him in Chicago in 2000, as he played a tremendous solo show at Shuba's.


About Me

    I got tired of writing the same email to everybody asking about life on the road. So here it is, day by day...
  • My profile

Previous Posts

Archives

Credits

RSS Feed